Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
pulsatile tinnitus

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

pulsatile tinnitus

I am a 32/F with a history of MI 4 years ago.  I do have factor V leiden, which they believe was one of the contributing factors of the MI.

In the fall of last year I started on a downward slide neurologically.  I developed bilateral optic neuritis, memory loss, cognative function decline, epilepsy since the age of 17.

A couple months ago I began to have dizzy spells eveytime I stood up lasting two minutes.  My BP was fine up until a couple weeks ago.  My Bp has always been low, which is where I thought the dizziness was coming from (usually 100/55, I am on toprol from the MI).  The last two weeks my BP has been spiking during the day for no apparant reason.  I have checked it in the afternoon and it has been as high as 140/110.

As for the tinnitus, for the last couple months off and on during the day I can hear my pulse in my right ear.  It doesn't happen very often but when it does it it very loud.  I also have had a "clogged" sense to that ear.

I was hoping that there could be a simple reason or possibility for the tinnitus??

I hate going to the doctor with everthing that I have going on, with one more problem...does this seem like a concern?

(Ignore the whole BP thing, I know that is a problem I am calling my doctor on monday)

Thanks, Jenn
Typically, when tinnitus occurs in the presence of a "clogged" ear, it is often not true tinnitus. It is not abnormal to hear the rush of jugular blood when your middle ear is not functioning properly. This may occur because the middle ear is filled with fluid. You need an audiogram, and ear examination, and an evaluation of your middle ear function.
Wow you are so young and have all of these problems!  More than likely your problems are related to the high blood pressure you are experiencing.

I hope you can resove the BP naturally.  You're too young to have these kinds of problems and rely on meds the rest of your life.

Are you tolerable to hot peppers?  Dr Shulze has a ceyenne tincture that will lower your blood pressure from the second you take it in.  I went to the Doctor right after I took a dose one time and they couldn't believe how my blood pressure dropped from the last visit.  Visit www.herbdoc.com.
My BP up until a couple weeks ago was perfect, for someone with a history of mi.  I have perfect cholesterol, a great diet, I do excercise,  but I was given bad genes.  It is only high for potions of the day.