Erectile Dysfunction Community
Cant get an erection!!

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Cant get an erection!!

I masturbated alot to porn for years. Im 19 years old. And i tried having sex when i was 16 i thibk an could not get hard. And i can get hard when i masturbated. I stopped because i believe masturbation is one cause. Another cause i believe is anxiety and/or stress. Couple days ago me and girlfriend were kissing and i had a weak erection and then she started touching it and it went away :( im so scared that im not going to be able to get an erection with her. What can i do so i wont be stress out or anxiety. Or what can be my problem?
When you say masturbation, do you really mean porn. Masturbation alone does not cause ED, but porn use can and does.

If you are 19 and not on specific medications and don't have a serious medical condition, the causes of your copulatory ED are almost certainly anxiety or porn—or a combination of the two. Here's a simple comparison test to check for porn-induced ED:
1. Masturbate to your favorite porn.
2. Try to masturbate using no porn and no fantasy - only sensations. Masturbate with same speed and pressure as you would during intercourse.

Compare one and two. How erect was your penis? How long did it take you to reach orgasm? What was your level of excitement? A healthy young man should have no trouble attaining a full erection and masturbating to orgasm without porn or fantasy.
1. If you have a strong erection on #1, but problems on #2, then you have porn-induced ED.
2. If #2 is strong and solid, but you have trouble with a real partner, then you have anxiety induced ED
3. If you have problems during both 1 & 2, you may have severe porn-induced ED, or an organic problem. When in doubt, see a good urologist.

The following 2 links are to Medhelp threads on porn-induced ED. Read the stories. If you want to know more locate my first 2 posts on the link #1

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/22-with-porn-inducederectiledysfunction/show/469209?page=1

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Too-much-porn-masturbationcause-ED/show/183203

On  GOOGLE VIDEO find  “Erectile Dysfunction And Porn” - watch the video series.

Here’s a Psychology Today article on it:
Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction Is A Growing Problem
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growing-problem

-----------------------------------------------
RESEARCH FROM ITALY

SCIENTISTS: TOO MUCH INTERNET PORN MAY CAUSE IMPOTENCE (2011)
It may not make you go blind, but Italian scientists have identified a worrying side-effect of watching too much pornography.
Researchers said Thursday that young men who indulge in "excessive consumption" of Internet porn gradually become immune to explicit images, the ANSA news agency reported.
Over time, this can lead to a loss of libido, impotence and a notion of sex that is totally divorced from real-life relations.
"It starts with lower reactions to porn sites, then there is a general drop in libido and in the end it becomes impossible to get an erection," said Carlo Foresta, head of the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine (SIAM).
His team drew their conclusions from a survey of 28,000 Italian men which revealed that many became hooked on porn as early as 14, exhibiting symptoms of so-called "sexual anorexia" by the time they reached their mid-twenties.
There was some good news, however, as the condition was not necessarily permanent. "With proper assistance recovery is possible within a few months," Foresta said.
A sex therapist will ask you to go in a baby-step manner. The first, he may ask you to be with her without doing any sexual move, next you may start kissing only,  next you can just see her undressed,next touch her vagina,next penetrate her. This type of procedure, you can do with her approval.Idea is to get acclimatized to different situation with your girl friend. Split the activity in small goals. Achieving of small goals will instill confidence in you.Just think over it.You may do some exercises suggested in posting in this forum.
Yes i canadturbate without porn but i feel likey erection is a little stronger with porn. Ive been uding porn for years and i one point i know i was addicted to porn and masturbation necause ill promise myself i wounldt do it and then next week ill masturbate with porn. Now i dont masturbate because i have a girl and i dont even think about masturbation no more. But now i feel like i lost sexual desire. And i dont know how to get it back?...and i know for a fact that my proble
With erection is anxiety and stress. How can i overcome it? I dont have a job and neither do my parents. Were all laid off because the economy. I cant really afford anything right now
You may do male deer exercise. Google the phrase. I hope you will get good result with this exercise which is a part of Taoist yoga. It is claimed that younger person can get significn improvement in 15 days. To enhance sexual stamina you may do Satkira. You may also do Tadan kriya.You may google the above words and can do the exercise. Wish you best of luck.
If it's stress related, then You need to mange your mind. Tons of information on the web about stress. The two best avenues are regular aerobic exercise, and meditation.
Erectile Dysfunction questions?
100,000+ doctor answers