Erectile Dysfunction Community
Trouble with erectile dysfunction.

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Trouble with erectile dysfunction.

Here's the deal.  I am a 24 year old man.  I have never had any erectile problems up until about 2 months ago.  My entire life i have been able to get and maintain a very hard erection for long periods of time.  Just recently, about 5 months ago, i got into a relationship with an amazing girl.  She was a virgin, and we did alot of dry sex for the last 4-5 months.  About a month before we had sex for the first time, it came to my attention that i haven't had any morning erections for that last month or 2.  i want to believe that my E.D problem is just psychological due to the stress i put on myself to perform well for her, and due to the loss of my father about 6 months ago.  however, i understand that if it were just psychological, i would still be having the morning erections.  The E.D problem i have is simply maintaining the erection to fully perform sex for more than 10-15 minutes.  My erection usually will last only about 10 mins, and i feel that it is still not as hard as before.  So far this girl and i have only had sex one full time, and it was because i secretly used a 100mg viagra.  Just today(our second attempt at sex) i thought i might be fine to perform and after about 10 mins i started to go limp and claimed that i had bent it wrong and it hurts to much to continue.  I live an EXTREMELY healthy lifestyle, so i dont believe any health conditions can be causing this.

I am really in need of some professional help (however i do not have insurance) because i don't want this to effect my life and make me feel deeper depressed than it already has.  I can already feel that this problem is changing my life.  This girl is the most amazing person out there, she helped me through so many tough times with the loss of my father, and she probably has the biggest heart imaginable.  I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO LOSE HER. i just want to be able to satisfy her.  This problem is starting to make me feel like less of a man.

Is there any way that this is just a temporary problem? Have you seen any cases like mine, and what can be done and what had helped?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
You are young and healthy and you are going through a difficult period in your life, I'm sure things will improve with time. It wouldn't hurt to go see a doctor though, just to be sure there's nothing phisically wrong with you. Good luck!
Thank you so much. I made an apptmt for June 2. I hope if I can find out nothing is physically wrong, this will all leave my head.  Just want a semi normal life back.
Thanks again, and good luck to u as well.
I am also facing similar problem. Please do share the diagnosis of your appointment.

hope we both get well