Exercise & Fitness Community
dextroscoliosis

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

dextroscoliosis

i'm 19 yrs. old, last May 30 i found out that i have dextroscoliosis from my x-ray. i'm applying in a electronics company, and it requires to stand up in long hours. will it affect to my dextroscoliosis? i'm 5'7" in height and around 68kgs. is my height is one of the causes of dextroscoliosis? i'm really bothered.. and i'm very scared at an early age i'm already experiencing this disease... please help!! i really want to recover!! and i really want to work..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi chinnie!

Scoliosis is a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side, and may also be rotated. In your case, Dextroscoliosis is a scoliosis with the curvature of the spinal column on the right side. Scoliosis can be classified as congenital (caused by vertebral anomalies present at birth), idiopathic (sub-classified as infantile, juvenile, adolescent, or adult according to when onset occurred) or as having developed as a secondary symptom of another condition.
You can read more about this on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoliosis

How it affects your work depends on the degree of the curvature of the spinal column. Is this indicated in the x-ray result? This is important to evaluate if you can do specific work. Do you feel any pain or limitations in your day to day activity?

Medical management of scoliosis is determined by the severity of the curvature.  Usually, observation, back bracing and surgery are options depending on the severity.

I hope this helps.  Keep me posted and take care.
hi there this is the "exercise and fitness"  forum,  I think you will better info from the "back and neck"  forum.  Good luck.
hi my name is cristy i have a  mild dexstroscoliosis what exercise will i do to bring back my normal back bone . im now applying for electronics would you thnnk it would be possible to hire me even i have this desease?
yoha919 commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on renae176's status
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine