Eye Care Community
Adult Lazy Eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Adult Lazy Eye

Do you think surgery for a 50 year old adult with a lazy eye is possible?  Is the surgery successful?  As I get older my eyes and the lazy one is getting worse, my depth perception is horrible.  I struggle with this eye constantly.  Are there any solutions?

Thank you for any information you have.

Brenda
You may have additional problems such as a cataract.  Removal can restore the vision to the previous lazy eye state.

Dr. O.
Avatar n tn
Thanks I hadn't thought of that.  I have had my eyes checked in the past year, do cataracts come on that quickly or would they have noticed them at my last check up @ a year ago.

Thanks,

Brenda831
have had lazy eye all my life im 69 now it is very bad could surgery help me and how expensive is it ***@****