Any cure or recommendation for optic nerve damage?
I had a optic nerve damage in my right eye when I was a kid (25 yrs ago). This was a result after an object got in to my eye pupil and damaged a part of it. However, I had a surgery back then and the vision wasn't really fixed but If I close my left eye  then i can see objects in the right part of my right eye but very blurring. I can almost sense it when it moves and etc. Anyway, I did follow up with some eye specialist after that and they advised me to wait for the technology. So I have seen any specialist in the past 8 years and I wonder if there is any fix for it yet? or any recommendation is appreciated?
Any other additional information is appreciated and I can be reached at zering.***@****

Sir,i am abu hena,from Bangladesh.My left eye is alright,but my my right eye 's retina optic nerve was damaged when i was 3/4 years old.Local doctors and Indian doctors said that i would n't see by my left eye.would u please tell me that is there a sollution for my eye?
Please tell me
hi.Imran here I have a problem with my both eyes.Actually before 8 months i take some medicine for the disease of tuberclosis. after three months i feel that my eye vision is working very poor.in this situation my doctor changed my medicine.he said that the Ethambutol is affecting my eyes.
now i can't recognize the colours.I am too much worried because doctor told me that no recovery is posible.
please help me.....
I had a meningioma removed from the right optic nerve about 3 years ago.  I am almost completely blind in the right eye.  They told me that the blood flow was interrupted during surgery which caused this problem.  Is there anything that can restore the optic nerve.  With just a little bit of light coming thru that eye.  It makes my other eye seem blurry and distorted at times.  I have headaches everday and I feel that it is coming from my eyes having to work so hard.
sir ,
.1 of my friends duaghter had a small incident.once she was playing with a pen .while playing with that she got got hurt on just below her eyebrows .my frnd took her to the docter .doctors are sayin now her optical nerves are damaged .as she wil grow up you will come to know the difference in her eyes. slowly she will loose her eye sight .is there any cure for that?i want help from you.please can you help us in any way i will be thankful to you.now she is just 1 1/2 years old.
sir ,
my boyfriend has recently lost the sight in his right eye due to a blow to the head is there any kind of surgery avaliable to replace the sight of the eye?
My best friend was in intensive care for four months following a series of three strokes at which time she lost all brain function and was on life support for the two month period. She has since awaken and is making remarkable recovery and appears to have no brain damage. It may seem insensitive but I call her my zombie sister. however I am attempting to continue her health care with her as it is much needed.

My question , she has diabetes and high blood pressure, the eye doctor today stated that her diabetes isnt a factor in her sight. Her right eye has lost all sight. He said its grey matter and she killed the optic nerve. He also stated her only hope for any kind of recovery of sight in that eye was stem cell research. My question is , is this it? are we supose to just accept there is no treatment for her eye and just continue with the once a year eye exams for the left eye? Are there other options?
I AM WRITING A NOVEL ABOUT A GIRL WHO GETS IN A CAR ACCIDENT WHEN SHES A KID, SO THEN SHE IS BLIND UNTIL SHE IS ABOUT SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. I WOULD LIKE HER TO BE ABLE TO SEE IN THE END, BUT I WANT A LOGICAL EXPLANATION FOR IT. I WAS THINKING THAT A SURGERY WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA , BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN IT IN A BELIEVABLE WAY. PLEASE HELP, ANYONE!! I AM REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS NOVEL AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.
ANY TITLE SUGGESTIONS??
Hello i came across this today and i have a Q for you my fiance had a rain tumor in his brain he had 9 op's on it and also got a shunt ... the doctors said the pressure inside his head over the tumor damaged the nerves in his eyes ... he has a small amount of vision in his left eye and none in the right one he can see a small bit of light out of the corner of the right one !! they never told us any % of sight in his eyes or anything should we ask that???? thay also said they wouldnt get ant better !!! do you think there is anything at all we dont care if we have to go to america or anywere at this stage he's only 21 and would try anything...!!!! pleaseeeee let me know thanks a mill ... tina.
Thats what im trying to find out 2 my fiance had a brain tumor and lost the sight in both eyes buut the left one recovered a small bit but im trying to find a doc who will tell us how and were we can go to get this fixed or if there are any op's or treatment etc.....  please if u find out let me know ... i shall do the same for you
My friend lost his sight to spinal meningitis. The doctor explain to us that the optic never has been damaged. There should be red color blood running through the nerve and it is a pick color. Is there any chance he will ever get some sight back or is there any kind of operation for this. He has been blind for 5 years.Any information would be greatly appreciated.....Linda
hello sir nice 2 see u like this kind of people i have lazy eye from birth now iam 23 years doctors said me 2 patch  when i was child but at that time i was not aware of that but iam felling for it i need my lazy eye 2 be normal atleat an improvement iam very afraid of my life my left eye is good my right is _9.with 4 cylindrical power and 10 years back my lasik laser had done but i dont know why did they do and crotherapy had done so wht can i do now is patching can be done iam waiting for some positive development for my right eye any technology improved
Hello doctor
        My grandfather lost 70% of his site a couple of years ago, he had several retinal detachment & cataract surgeries, and then his optic nerve was severely damaged. is there any way we can get his site back, he s willing to try anything
Hello, My father was recently in a bad situation where he was beaten almost to death. He was brought back to life in the hospital and suffered sever blows to the back of his head, amoung other things. He is now completly blind. His eyes still move and work and are completly healthy but he can not see. We were told some nerves in his occipital lobe were damaged. is there a chance he could see again or is there anyway to fix it?
       Please help
hi doctor,

My son has aphakid glaucoma. His right eye IOP got into uncontrol at 34 in January this year and went through a Baelveldt implant in Feb. Tube revision done in  April due to touch on cornea. Now under tight follow up on recovering.

Doctor found a whitish in the eye just before the tube revision, most probably is an inflammation that will be cured using eye drop. Retina detachment is low possibility. By the way, i wish to ask what is the early symptom for retina detachment?

Another question, before implant, his right eye IOP was 34 and optic nerve 0.9, almost fully cupped. Anyway, he seems able to see well. (He is 18 months). After the tube revision, doctor said some blood stay in the place which previously has Len and this block his vision. Need weeks to heal. Anyway, i am wondering that possible if someone vision getting worse after an implant, compare before the surgery?

I am really worry about my son and hope can get some comment from you. Thank you in advance.    
Actually,one of the glow board fell upon my father and he lost his lleft eye vision.Doctors said that the optic nerve has damaged fully i.e. lost its intact.i want to ask that if there is any treatment for this and if it is so then where it is possible?
My 17 year old son was kicked in the face by a horse and is now blind in his left eye. We just found out today that it is due to the head of the optic being dead. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
Hello doctor, my brother had an accident  in head, is hit in the left side of the head by a large stone, and after some time remained in a coma, but woke hematoma which has already been reduced somewhat. and also spent meningitis, but doctors say that is damaged and optic nerve of the left eye, while the right eye sees only shades of black. Is it possible to regenerate the nerve? and how to regenerate? he is 23 years old.
hi doctor. i am from pakistan.when i was 10  .something like needle get into my pupil.now  my vision at that eye is zero. local doctor said that is not posible as vision gone from back...sir plz assist me.is it possible. may God Bless u mmy own happiness for u prestigious work
My mother is 63 years old and has suffered eyesight from glaucoma.  She has been totally blinded in her left eye following the Trabectome procedure that dropped her pressures too quickly and is now 95% blind in the right eye and it is worsening daily.  She has wide angle glaucoma and her pressures live in the 20 range - including the left eye that she is blind in.  She has used every eye drop out there but she is allergic or becomes allergic to them so she can not use much.  The physician's have told her that the last thing they can do for her is a Express shunt or canaloplasty.  Any suggestions or advice regarding the procedures or situation?  My fear is that the pressures will again drop too quickly and she will be totally blind.  She was told that there was an herb (not sure of the name) that may help to mildly restore the optic nerva and help to improve her eyesight.  I realize that the real fix is to lower the pressures but at this point she is willing to try anything if it will help!
I am from India ,Gurgaon (Haryana)
My son met with an accident on 4th june 2012 in which due to severe head
injury and fractures in right part of cranial bones his optic nerve is damaged we
consulted doc's they say there is no treatment in the world for curing it. They say that there is no blood flow in the optic nerve and my son can not see  through his right eye at all.  Looking for high hopes from your kindly suggest.
i know someone who has a Glaucoma and he has some damaged optic nerves , please help me find somethings repair damaged never , by food of any vitamins or anything , and i want to know more about the oncomodulin treatment how to buy such a thing  ?
hello sir
i m divya from Nepal. My bro got an accident... the doctors told that a small stone is inside and hit the retina and had scratch a lot... we have gone through an opperation for the two time but at last they told that he wont be able to see from the damaged eye... his retina is fully scratched and the nerves wet fully dryed.....the doctor recommended to have a artificial eye but i dont  agree wid the doctors here in nepal... i hope we can care it.... so can we hope or not???? is there any care....????
Those are all interesting clinics, but each has different focus and know how, so it depends on what eye disease oen has if oen shoudl go there. Fundamentally it is not about the clinics. It is about specific doctors. Oen shoudl never choose a clinic, only a doctor with teh right knowledge and skills. Also note that doctors get bought away a lot by fellow eye clinics and then the  quality of care for a specific eye problem drops significantly and the clinic losing such a doc. It is very rare that they have a top repl;acement lined dup.
I too had a damage to my optic nerve of right eye and with left eye closed I can't see until I put that object very close and i'm using power glasses of -13 but still can't see clearly. Can there be any cure for my problem?
can't optic nerve be replaced with other's ?
Hai since i have met in an accide on 8th September 2012. Had got a head injury and had lost my left eye. When i approach one of the eye specialist he mentioned the following damage To the eye
1. Dense vitreous hemorrhage
2. Multiple orbital fractures
3. Enophthalmos
4. Partial optic nerve avulsion
and i have been under went to operations
for this amd the doctor said i got my optic nerve cut of 3/4th n there is chances of getting back my eye. Will get my eye back or can i get any other references if so plz mention it.
Can you locate which doctors are having this success with placenta?

More info--detailed information.  

Also-- do you know if these people are seeing again with optic nerve damage? If anyone cn locate this info-- PLEASE post.
Many blessings and peace.
my mother aged 74 lost her left eye vision after 3 months cataract surgery. She had severe pain for 1 and half month in left head. but unfortunately disease was not deteceted. Doctors are saying optic nerve became dry. She is not  diabetic. She has been given steroid treatment. from last 1and half month. Wherther any chances to recover?
Hi Dr. my husband's mother lost her sight and the hospital did not declare why one often said a brain clot hit the optic nerve and again when he said they took her back means spinal cord injured optic nerve ...If allowed Are there processes restore her sight and if it is I want the name of a doctor or hospital or phone number I'm from Jordan please help me
Hi all, my name is Terry. I have had vision problems in my left eye for 15 years, i.e., blurred vision, halos, etc. I was doing some yard work, weed eating last week. It was hot, and my glasses kept sliding off when I was bent over pulling weeds from my flower bed, so I took them off. I jad a pile of stuff and fired up the weed eater to chop it up, and got smacked HARD in the left eye by a piece of the stuff I was chopping up. I thought it had stuck IN my eyeball! The pain was intense. It gave me a black eye, and a visibly bruised eyeball, and vision fogged, like looking through milk. It hurt pretty bad for a few days. I was sitting on the couch a couple mornings ago, and suddenly realized the vision was clear in that eye! No more haziness, fogginess or halos around light sources. I can read without glasses now! WTF? Did I give myself eye surgery by weed eater or what? Will it stay "cured"? I am highly gratefull for this happening to me, and while I don`t recommend this, are things like this fairly common, or is this a happy freak accident?
I see this was posted in 2008..is there any new information ? My boyfriend damaged his optic nerve in an accident and I just can't believe with today's technology that there is nothing they can do??? Any studies we can look into?? Anything?!?
Hello. i am aliya. my 6 months old niece has a problem actually when she was born she did not breath for 5 minutes her all organs were failed and doctors put her on ventilators and after 5 minutes she started breathing and slowly her all organs start working. she was on ventilators for 28 days. now her eye specialist in DUBAI checked her and said that may be she cant see. today she had a retina test doctor put some liquid drops on her retina and actually she did not respond to the light. so they are saying may be she is blind. they recommended VEP test by which they will see if the nerve coming from brain to the eye is damaged or not .. so please can you help us in this regard and is there any cure of it . please get back to me as soon as possible.. i will thankful to you

I am paimel from India, I have sister who is 7 year old and she is not able to see from left eye as 2 months back she fall down and she had a small injury on her right eyebrow and also some blood came from her nose. After few days from the injury she told us that she is not able to see anything from her left eye and so we consult to the eye specialist who told us that the eye sight is perfectly fine and the eye specialist recommend us to consult the neurosurgeon. We consult a  neurosurgeon in Max Hospital, Chandigarh India where they informed us AFTER DOING THE MRI and VEP test that her eye nerve which is connected to her brain is damage at one point where it passes between two bones. The doctor have given her some medication for 3 weeks and than again did the MRI and VEP tests and said there is some improvement however she is still not able to see. Also, the doctor said they cant give her more medication and she might cure herself or it can also be a permanent damage.I request you to please let me know if there is any way with the help of which she can get the vision back.

Email ID:paimel.***@****
My right eye is damage. I can not anything. So what i do?
Dear Doctor .,

my sister both eyes are no vision in the past 4 to 5 years . we are living in India. we get advice from various doctors in India.the doctors says that she's optical nerve is damaged by an wrong treatment earlier.ie  no treatment for regain the vision . (some of the doctor says that the optical nerve was dried.others says optic nerve carry blood and others never carry oxygen).
please advice me

thanks
basheer
dear doctor,

i am chandra sir,  i met an accident at last month. it is not so severe accident ..but my right eye vision be lost at some part only..and other part vision be in some dark ness but seen..the other part be seen not clearly is there any cure..is it cure or not sir...plzzz help me sir...in accident some blood is come in my nose ..sir...my eye bright be some lost...rply me sir
I am 42 year old Computer Architect in US, recently (3 months) fell from a motor cycle ride (40 KM/hr) on a bump in India during vacation and impacted my head on the side walk and lost 70% (see things in negative effect) of my left eye vision. Left is not able to take light from farther distance and I can see SUN blazing in midday directly into the eye without any eyelids twitching . The Doctors say it I have 60X20 vision now. 3 Days from the accident, I went through Steroid doses for 6 days, not sure about improvement. The diagnosis from India (Shankar Netralaya, JIPMER) research centers is that, I have optic nerve damage and not recoverable, pending research possibilities. I am a US citizen, live in Boston on and off, and resigned to this inevitable reality which affects everything I am & I do now a days. Is there any hope or Doctor/Medical institution/New procedures that can give me hope ?

Please advice.
Raj
Hi EyeRaj,

I have same issue in my left eye. Please let me know if you find any medical treatment. Even I went to Shankar Netralaya. If you are ok then I would like to talk to you more on this topic.
sir, i m a father of 1 year old son who has problem in his eyes, dr. says his optic nerve is slightly thinner, at present
he has some improvements in his vision as 3 months earlier he doesnot response to light even doesnot able to see me. now he responds to light and move his eyes to a torch and also make eye contact to me and also sometimes follow my movements right to left and up and down. doctors says that there is no treatment for optic nerve. suggest me if i can try ayurvedic, homeppathy or allopathy treatment. it is possible to improve his vision by using some exercises. how can we make him able to do his daily routine plz tell ........waiting for ur response.plz mail me at ***@**** as soon as better.
Hi Doctor
My Son was born premature and stayed in NICU in Raleigh Wakemed hospital for almost 4 months. During the stay he had a lot of episodes and surgery and developed ROP. He was treated two in his right eye with Laser twice and left eye was treated once with Laser. But due to inefficieicny of my doctor, he could not detect that my sons retina is detached and we waited for almot 2 week before he told us.
We move to Duke hospital in Durham where Dr Toth performed surgery in both eye for Retina detachment (Right eye complete detachment and Left for Partial detachment). His left eye was attached within a week where as righ eye developed a membrane. She performed another surgery on righ eye but even that was not successful. Its almost 1 month and right eye is still detached.
Now he responds to light in his left eye but doesn't track or see any thing from left and right eye he doesnt even respond to light.
Please advise what we should do now...I am in North Carolina and can travel to any place/ hospital if required.
He is now 3 month old. Please response ASAP

Regards
Desperate & Helpless Father
H Doctor
In continuation to my previous post with regards to my son (a pre matured 24 weeker) who had brain bleed of level 4. The latest MRI shows that the blood clot is dissolved .
He had ROP and had retinal detachment in both eyes. His right eye is partly detached (attached in lower side and a part of macula but upper side is still detached) where as left eye is completely attached.
He keeps his eye ball down in both eyes for most of the time and doesn't track or look at any toys. He look at them at times but not always.  He looks towards light always but at toys at times yes but most of time no.
Please advise if you can help us out. At the moment I am running from one doctor to another but no one is taking any interest in the case since he doesnt respond to light in right eye (where he ahs detachment) but he respond properly (when light is flashed) in left eye.
Please Please Please advise where I should go..I am currently in Raleugh North carolina.
Please advise
I am from India.. My father was born blind(1963) and now he is 55 years.. The cause for the blindness was his optic nerve was weak and his eyes are alright.. As the way back in 1963 there were no technologies to treat the optic nerve, doctors told it cannot be cured. Now is there any technology or procedure where the nerve can be strengthened and my father can get his sight?

My husband 40 yo has the optic nerve atrophy. The right eye is no visibility, the left eye is 10% visibility.
Our doughter 4 yo have the optic nerve atrophy. the right eye is 30% visibility, the left eye 90%.

I read about oncomodulin. i find a medication with oncomodulin on internet market ( USA). it's ok if i buy from there? I am from Romania.

Where i can do some test to find if is the same problem both of them.

Where i can read about the side effects of oncomodulin? i din not find yet.

Thank you so much for help
Otilia
Did you get an answer? I have also been diagnosed with optic nerve atrophy.
Sir am from Pakistan but now am in UK from last 5 years. In child hood when i was only 2 years old, i lost my left eye, it is fully blind now, now am 32, and am really feel bad when some one says about this, my left eye is bit smaller then right eye like as 80% and 100%. What i do now i need any suggestion, about this please tell me can i fixed a stone eye, is it possible?  because i want to make same colour of both eyes, please tell me what i do??

Kashif

hi doctor
im from the phillipines may i ask if my boyfriend had a chance to revive his right eyes? because the doctor said that his vein in his eyes is dead. Theres have a possibility to revive?
Hi Doc,

I had an injury via blunt trauma to the eye, which resulted in retinal detachment and damage to the optic nerve 4 month ago. Initially the doctor was treating the resulting hyphema with steroids, but now has suggested enucleation as the final resort.

Is there really nothing that can be done or explored??
answered on your 3 other posts
Friend, I do understand you must be crazy about some answers, but please, stop posting the same text here...
Wishing you good luck and more eyes improvement
=