BL EnVista iol
This IOL has good press from its maker BL but most of the implants are in Europe. Why does BL sell mostly in Europe first???  Has Any of the Docs here heard anything about this lense that claims to have no glistenings??
And If you were implanting an IOL in a friend of yours and they said I dont want glistenings and a decent chance of no PCO...what lense,mono, would you recommend???  thanks
Too early to know.

Dr. O.
would you recommend any silicone lense just to avoid glistenings and if so
which ones..?? My Doc said that the IQ Acrysof does come in a non tinted
version that might be silicone..??
Dr. Oyakawa,

It is now two and a half years since your reply to dan2233. Is it still too early to know? I have to make a personal decision soon, and it is very difficult to find information about patient outcomes with the B&L enVista IOL. It seems like this IOL should be very popular considering what it offers, but some surgeons I have spoken to seem dismissive of its advantages.
It isn't clear why there is much interest from patients in that particular IOL. It is mostly the Alcon lenses that were known for having issues with glistenings, which seems to be its major focus. I haven't heard of for instance the Tecnis monofocals having issues with glistenings. The Tecnis lenses also have a higher abbe number than the EnVista which reduces chromatic aberration and improves visual quality, as explained in this publication: http://www.eyeworld.org/supplements/EW-December-supplement-2014.pdf which goes into the issue of abbe numbers and has a table of the values for different IOL materials. There are also monofocals that are claimed to have a larger depth of focus like the Softec HD (i.e. they potentially provide a bit better intermediate/near vision than other monofocals) and the Hoya iSert Gemetric (which might not be on the market now, though its FDA approved). There are also premium IOLs that provide a chance at better near vision like the Crystalens and multifocals, or if you are outside like the Symfony which isn't labeled a monofocal, but has comparable risk of visual glitches to a monofocal but a larger depth of focus.
oops, typo, I meant "if you are outside the US there are IOLs like the Symfony" which isn't approved by the FDA yet, but is approved in Canada, Europe, etc. The FDA is slow about approving lenses that are available elsewhere, there are trifocals available elsewhere for instance that seem better than the bifocals in approved in the US.