Eye Care Community
C3R and ICL
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

C3R and ICL

Hi

I am 28 years old and gone through lasik laser when I was 20+. At that time my number was quite high (5.5 for one eye and for other 6.5). But after three years of laser, my eye sight again become week and number appeared. Initially it was very low say .5 & 1 but now it is increasing day by day. I have consulted many doctors. According to them my cornea has enlarged (sort of swelling) but they have diagnosed that it is not ‘Katrisis/Keratoconus’ but ‘ectezia’. I was advised to wear GP lenses and I wore them for few months only as they were very inconvenient than my doc suggested me to go for tropic contact lenses. Right now I am using that only. Now my number has reached to 6(appx.) for both the eyes.

My Doctor has done my Oculus- Pentacam and after seeing the report he suggested me to go through C3R and told me that the progression will stop and number wouldn’t increase anymore. Is That so/ Should I go for C3R. Please suggest me?

He is also suggesting me to go for ICL to get rid of Specticals. Whats your opinion for teh same?

Major confusion to me is whether to go for ICL first or for C3R? Please advice me if i should go for ICL first and C3R later on or its like that nothing can be done unless n until C3R is done??

Regards
Puja