C3R and ICL

I am 28 years old and gone through lasik laser when I was 20+. At that time my number was quite high (5.5 for one eye and for other 6.5). But after three years of laser, my eye sight again become week and number appeared. Initially it was very low say .5 & 1 but now it is increasing day by day. I have consulted many doctors. According to them my cornea has enlarged (sort of swelling) but they have diagnosed that it is not ‘Katrisis/Keratoconus’ but ‘ectezia’. I was advised to wear GP lenses and I wore them for few months only as they were very inconvenient than my doc suggested me to go for tropic contact lenses. Right now I am using that only. Now my number has reached to 6(appx.) for both the eyes.

My Doctor has done my Oculus- Pentacam and after seeing the report he suggested me to go through C3R and told me that the progression will stop and number wouldn’t increase anymore. Is That so/ Should I go for C3R. Please suggest me?

He is also suggesting me to go for ICL to get rid of Specticals. Whats your opinion for teh same?

Major confusion to me is whether to go for ICL first or for C3R? Please advice me if i should go for ICL first and C3R later on or its like that nothing can be done unless n until C3R is done??

Regards
Puja
1. C3R is a very promising treatment for corneal ectasia.
2. Most surgeons would not even consider an ICL in an eye with ectasia. I would agree with them.

JCH MD
Thanks Hagan...But in my case Doctors are suggesting that I should go for ICL too....What according to you should I do...i have also been recoomended some technique called as Intext (spelling not sure) which relates to rings....Please suggests...

Regards
Puja
I cannot give you a diagnosis nor tell you what to do. I'm just saying that our surgeons would not likely do a ICL on a patient with cornea ectasis.

JCH MD