Caffeine effects on floaters/flashes
I experienced new floaters and flashes several months ago and have been seen several times by my ophthalmologist and a retina specialist, so am keeping a close eye on this (pardon the pun).

Someone mentioned that caffeine should be avoided if you have this problem. Is that true? Can you comment on any other foods/activities that should be avoided or could be helpful?

Thanks!
I have heard that connection, however I doubt anyone can really link the two together with certainty.    I would say keeping a healthy lifestyle and a good diet is a general help when it comes to eye health as well.   Doubt there is anything that can fix the floaters either, they seem pretty fixed once you get them (some can move out of your sight however).   If they keep growing its generally something going on in the eye or elsewhere.   There are also several drugs that can give you floaters (according to my pharmacist friend, unsure which ones).

No.

Dr. O.
It is defnitely true in my case: if I drink a cup of coffee (black without sugar or anything), without having eaten food previously, as in the morning,  I do automatically get floaters, like dark or light blotches, and they diminish over time (10 minutes say).

These floaters are of the same kind that I would get when exhausted after logging, if that is of any help.