Cant open eyelids
Hi, my boyfriend has this problem when he gets very sleepy at night that he literally cant open his eyes. he will be awake saying "my eyes are stuck shut again". he doesnt have conjunctivitis or anything, he just pulls his eyelids open with his fingers. I dont think that this happens to most people when they are tired... Any ideas?
Happens all the time when he is tired? Or jst lately?

If its just lately... maybe pink eye?

If not... he needs to get more sleep!!!
I have the same problem, mine has been coming on gradually, first the left eye now both, but the left eye is the worst. I wake up and literally can't open my eye, I have to prie it open with fingers and then it takes me up to half hour to be able to open it all the way. During that period my eyes burn as if I have foreign material in them. I do have chronic dry eye but the optometrist said  that  is not the problem. His feeling is that it may be neurological or muscle related. I am being refered to a Eye Surgeon for further study..My eyes feel constantly tired, I feel like my lids are sitting on top of my eyeballs. My left eye feels like it has a droop but nothing is visible, just an internal feeling..I would suggest your boyfriend have further study done on this.
Hello Torbal    Assuming your boyfriend is a relatively young man that has not had a droopy eye (ptosis) all his life, the most common that would cause that IS dry eyes. I would suggest when this starts to happy he put in a good artificial tear such as Systane, Soothe, Tears Naturale, Hypotears, or Opteve.  If it happens in the morning when he gets up try using Genteal gel at bedtime.

I would suggest that your boyfriend make an appointment to see an eye physician (Ophthalmologist = Eye MD) for a comprehensive eye examination and ask that it include a Schrimer Test which is a good screening test for dry eyes.

JCH III MD   Eye Physician and Surgeon
Hi there.  Ive finally found some others that are suffering the exact same thing I have been suffering.  I live in Perth and moved into a house 2 years ago when my symptoms of 'stuck eye'began.  I am getting more and more worried about it as when I went to an eye specialist here in Perth, he had no idea what I was explaining to him.  Gave me drops etc.....nothing

I have been wondering whether or not it could have something to do with the insulation in our roof space.  This is a 30 year old home by the sea that we moved into and the insulation is the Blow in (good quality Ive been told) insulation.  

My right eye just decides all on its own that it no longer wants to be open and I struggle to keep it open. It happens when I have a little nap in afternoon and when I awake each morning.  Takes about 15 secs to fully open

Has anybody else been lucky to find some solutions???  PLEASE PASS ALONG AS IM DESPERATE  xx
Any connection with the insulation would be speculation. The old home may be dry. Your description of the problem occurring at night or after naps suggests dry eyes and the lid sticking to the cornea. If this is the problem it can be helped by using a long acting lubricating drop called a 'gel' at bedtime and artificial tears when you awake.  Regular artificial tears will not last all night. Go to my home page and read the article on dry eyes. Examples of nighttime gels  are Refresh Liquigel, Genteal Gel, Systane PM

If your lid was drooping when you were tired or lasting for a hour or more or not just after sleeping you would need to be tested for a disease called myasthenia gravis.