Cataract targets for lenses, my opinion, no question
For those who are trying to decide what to target for monovision, minimonovision, I will share my opinion as to what I find best. If you are doing one eye only go for plano. Two eyes plano in dominant eye and .75 or 1.0 for the other. I have had both my eyes done and by trying many different lens combinations post surgery, I really like the plano/1.0 combo best. With this I see clearly from distant to just about the tip of my fingers on an outstretched hand and arm and can read pretty fine print (1/16). I wouldn't read books for any lengthy time without glasses though. I didn't like the plano/1.25 combo because I can notice a fuzzy part in the distance where the halfway part of the focus is. Keep 2 things in mind when trying to decide. For each 0.1 diopter change from plano, the distance in focus gets increasingly smaller. It is not linear. Two because my both doctors missed the targets by .75 and 1.0 you may just want to shoot for plano for both. Most of my vision world is in focus. Monovision or mini mono in the other direction close/intermediate does not do it.
Oh, the lens combos refers to glasses. Also to add, I have 2 Technis aspheric lenses implanted. I didn't choose Crystalens because of  the risks involved. I had 20/20 vision with .5 astigmatism in both eyes prior to cataracts. There is a loss in vision as compared to my previous vision as to the wide range of focus I enjoyed previously, but I don't know today that I would choose Crystalens if I were faced with the same decision. Depth perception is off a tiny bit because I notice that if I were to try to grab a hair in the mirror with a tweezer I don't always grab it. But that is the only time I had noticed it. Depth perception is a product of how well both eyes focus on an object. I can't say that the ability to focus with the .5 diopter change that the Crytalens could do (per a post 1 1/2 or so years ago, it may be better today) would be worth the risks. Just my thoughts. Good luck to you.
I would not agree with your conclusions.

Dr. O.