Eye Care Community
Causes of Cystoid Macular Edema

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Causes of Cystoid Macular Edema

I understand that there may be many causes of CME including diabetes and infection.  What tests might be performed to determine the cause?  For instance, is there a particular test that might determine to what extent a macular pucker (ERM) is contributing to CME?  Thank you.
I assume you are asking if there is a way to differentiate CME due to ERM vs. diabetes.  Not always.  A flourescein angiogram may help.

Dr. O.
Thank you.