Chances for retinal detachment
Co7
I was punched in the eye on accident. The next day my vision went back to normal despite the fact my eyelids are swollen. I went to the eye doctor today, and he checked my eye and said everything seems okay, a little bruised but my retina looks okay, he recommended I go to a retinal specialist tomorrow. Before he left he started to describe the symptoms of retinal detachment and to make sure I'm aware what to look for. This creeped me out. Its been 24 since the accident now and my vision is normal just my eyelids are swollen still. My question is would I know by now if I had a problem with my retina detaching? Generally after a trauma incident how long does it take? Thanks.
I suspect that you went to an optometrist than is not an Eye MD ophthalmologist. That's most likely why you are being refered to a real Eye MD physician for a physician type exam.

Your question cannot be answered. There are too many variables to standardize the risk of RD after trauma. Generally the risk is very low unless its severe..

JCH MD
Co7
Thank you!
You are welcome
JCH MD