Eye Care Community
Cross eyed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Cross eyed

I also have this same issue. I have Fibromyalgia so I asked my Rheumatologist. He sent me for an MRI to check for MS but scan was clear. I then went to a Neurologist and had an EEG checking for seizures. The test did show slight abnormality on left sign but on follow-up EEG a year later it was normal. I also mentioned it to my Primary Dr and Gyno and neither had never heard of this. I do not have migraines but do have dry eyes and sinus/allergy problems. In an attempt to look in the mirror during one of these episodes, I did realize that if I look to either side my vision is not distorted. I have had these episodes 2-5 times per year for the last 3 years. Interesting....I also take a mild antidepressant along with a muscle relaxer for the Fibro.

This discussion is related to Sudden Cross-eyed Vision NOT double vision.
You may have a break down in fusion not related to a neurological problem since you do not have double vision. Some of the medications may be contributing to the problem. You need to see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
I just experienced something similar at work today.  I am a 29 year old female, and when I searched this on the internet, I noticed most people posting that they had experienced this condition were 29-32 age range.  I was standing up and looking at something when all of a sudden, my left eye seemed to turn on its own causing me to become lightheaded and dizzy.  This only lasted about 30 seconds, but the dizziness and lightheadedness continued and I have a mild headache.  I had my first migrane (migraine) last year, but that has been my only migraine ever.  I am currently under a lot of stress at work and in my personal life, and I have seen posts suggesting that stress might be the cause of this or perhaps it is a type of migraine?  I wear contacts and I just had my yearly eye exam last week - all is normal.  Any suggestions as to what I should do?