Eye Care Community
Dark Ring Around IRis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dark Ring Around IRis

I have hazel brown eyes, sometime they look very green, sometimes very amber/gold and sometimes light to medium brown, but they have always had a black ring around the iris. I am 43 years old, and I've always had this black ring. It actually accentuates the color of my iris and I love it. I've read a bunch of personal comment on the net about this ring being a condition of the immune system. I must admit, I do not sweat easy, I have asthma, I have mucous problems, all that stuff that is said to be associated with a dark ring around the iris, but, I don't believe it. I didn't have any of these problems until 6 or 7 years ago, but my eyes have always had this dark ring around the iris. What's up with this theory?

This discussion is related to focusing problems with eyes.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
Unrelated.

Dr. O.
Blank
im 15 and haven't got any health problems apart from diabetes and my eyes are exactly the same
Blank
Sounds like it suggests to have a possible propensity to have these problems at a later age. I also have the dark ring.  Mucus corelates with me, have a recent concern with kidneys. However, I  tend to sweat excessively, leading to skin problems combined with the blue eye fair skin reddish brown/blonde hair sun concerns. Also, I am currently experiencing problems....it could be about 15 various things right now, but I have been wondering about kidney stones as ovarian has been ruled out. I am border line astmatic and have alot of allergies....which is typical for my overall appearance according to a nurse practitioner I know.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...