Double vision when playing tennis
When I was twenty I had the door shoved in my face which gave me a Hugh black eye. At the time the force of the door threw me backwards and I saw stars leaping out. I think my eye bleed a little. I didn't seek hospital treatment. It took ages for my eye to heal. Periodically I began seeing reaccuring vision which I thought was strange. I did not bother to report it because I could not explain it and also it only happened rarely. Then when I went for an eye test I noticed the lines on the screen had two sides after the optician removed the patch and switched the lights on. He explained that I had double vision. I told him that when I play tennis there appears to be two balls as the ball comes closer. When I worked as a capstan operator I was forever breaking tools before my double vision was picked up on and used to get yelled at abusively.  The machinery was moving extremely fast. Prior to my accident I very rarely broke any tools. It was my left eye which was injured and I have shorter eye sight in this eye than the right which is far sighted. At one time I experienced a sharp pain in my left eye but I don't get this anymore. I am prescribed prism to correct my double vision. Is there an operation available to correct my double vision as I would like to have lazer eye surgery?  Thank you

This discussion is related to Trouble with double vision and following faster moving objects with eyes.
You would need to get in to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in strabismus/eye muscle problems.  Being a surgeon the eye MD strabismus specialist could tell you if your problem is suitable for surgery either traditional or laser.

JCHMD
=