Epiretinal membrane macular pucker surgical complication
A year ago I had an epiretinal membrane removed.  I have had 2 complications: 1) I now have a grayish spot in part of the center of my vision, shaped kind of like a football that causes reading/sight problems, and 2) My vision is now blurrier than before (was nearly 20/20 and is now 20/60 at best). The surgeon said my membrane was much more tightly adhered than usual so it was harder to remove, more like removing duct tape than scotch tape was his analogy.  The surgeon had highly recommended surgery as a means to prevent future serious vision problem since  my age is only 53.  Now it is much worse.  He says there is no membrane still remaining.  I want to go to a specialist familiar with these issues and what can be done.  Suggestions/comments?  Thanks.
I suggest that you try contacting Dr. Steve Charles in Memphis, Tennessee through his website (www charles-retina com).  I don't think you will find an finer retinal surgeon anywhere in the world.  If your condition can be improved by additional surgery, he's definitely your man.  
-
It is now September 2011 and I just read this.  Can you post how you are doing now and what you decided to do, please ?
=