Eye nevus removal for Cosmetic reasons
Hello there,
I am 21 years old and have a nevus on my sclera. It is close to my iris and a brownish-yellow color and greatly affects my self-esteem. To me the eyes are windows to the soul and my window is marred by this dent or smudge. So my question is will I be able to get it removed? What is the general cost? And what are the risk factors associated with it?
If it's truly just a nevus, then it might be safe to remove. If it's suspicious, like melanoma, then it needs to be removed or at least biopsied. For cosmetic purposes only, the nevus can be removed and in the states this could range in cost from $1000 to $3000. You might need to have at done at a surgery center facility.
Best of luck,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
Thank you so much for your response. But are there any severe risk factors? For example, anything as bad as losing my vision because then the procedure is not worth it.