Aa
A
A
Close
Eye pain while reading for long durations with head and neck pain
I am 19 years old. I get eye pain ( left eye ) along with neck pain in the left ( responds to neck movement ) and headache on the left side of the base of my head when I read for long durations. I sit in a posture with slightly bent back and neck. The pain diminishes on closing my eyes and sitting leaning against a wall with head and back touching the wall. I feel it is due to neck strain, but it also causes blurred vision, confusion and also blackout when I suddenly get up. Please find a solution to the problem.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220_tn?1251894727
First see an eye doctor to make sure you do not need glasses.  The see an orthopedic surgeon regarding your neck.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
711220_tn?1251894727
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I went to an eye hospital and they told my ciliary muscles get strained by near vision leading to headache. But I am near-sighted. So I have blurred far-vision but near-vision gives headache. They told my lens power needed is 0.25 and do not need to wear spectacles. But I take a very long time (15 to 20 seconds) to be able to see far away things clearly. Please find a solution. The headaches are mild but frequent.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Eye pain while reading for long durations with head and neck pain
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
Top Eye Care Answerers
177275_tn?1438375244