Eye Care Community
Film over eyes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Film over eyes

Every toher day I get a film over my eyes.  It feals like a thick film but is not cloudy at all, just makes me see double. I have been to an eye doctor and told him about it during my eye exam and he didn't say much about it. If I rub my eyes, open and close, blink, nothing helps, it jus eventually goes away after a few hours, but sometimes I have to wait until the next day before it goes away.  My eyes do not get teary to the point that the liquid leaks out of my eye it just covers my eyes and stays there. Please help this is very annoying.  I am 24 years old and have noticed this for a few years now.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would also like to ad that I have tried clear eyes eye drops for dry eyes and it does not help a bit.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
See a corneal ophthalmologist Eye MD. FInd onat www.aao.org

JCH III MD
Blank
Yes, it is normal to get film over the eye even after cataract surgery.   I had my surgery done a couple of years ago and my right eye now has more of a film over it.   Every so many years you may have to go in for lasering of your eyes to remove the film but that is only more like a 20 minute thing, you just have to sit very still while he does it.   When the laser is on the light will get super bright in your eye, but....that is normal, just keep sitting very still and it will be over in no time at all.   My gf who had the same surgery told me she had to have her eye lasered I think 3 times because of film that formed over it.  I know....it is annoying.  
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Just so everyone knows with the type IOL now in use the likelihood of needing a cloudy posterior capsule lasered are about 25-30%.  If needed the likelihood of needing a second laser are almost zero. I do several hundred of yag capsulotomies each year and it has been over 15 years since I had to do a second time.

JCH MD
Blank
Dr. Hagan, do you see patients with the beginnings of PCO in as little as 5 months after the IOL implants? Does the PCO start out with a mild diminishing of acuity, loss of detail, and general fuzz, and progress from there?

Can PCO occur both unilaterally and bilaterally?
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes, in fact some patients have cloudy capsules noted at the time of surgery and need Yag caps within several weeks of the surgery, not common but can happen. The symptoms are like "the cataract coming back" blurred vision, glare, ghost images, etc.   Yes can occur either, neither or both

JCH MD
Blank
Thanks for answering this and my other post today.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank