Going Color Blind as an Adult?
I should have added this to my other post, I also went to the eye doctor 5 years ago and during a routine exam she found that I had bleeding behind one of my eyes that appeared to be "dried." They thought for certain I has MS and it was difficult as I have two small kids. Someone was watching over me because it was not MS and their best guess was a very bad fall I took at college about 7 months prior. Yet, when they did the testing they were concerned that I was color blind in both eyes all of a sudden, I need a red lense to see the numbers they show you and then I saw them perfectly. The specialist told me that it is rare for women to be color blind, however both my father and my son are, and unheard of to "go" color blind, he was quite concerned and got the records from my regular eye doctor suspecting that I was color blind all along. When he found I was not he has no explaination for it and I have not gotten one to this day. Is this as rare as they said and if so, is there a reason?

Thanks again!
In thirty years of practice I have never seen anyone go color blind as an adult. I am concerned though that if your color sense is off that you could have an optic nerve condition. Optic neuropathy from MS can cause this but there are other optic nerve causes as well.

I would try to see a neuro-ophthalmologist. They are in university centers and would be able to determine what is going on.
I was looking this up to see if it was possible. I my self yesterday was out in the sun for about 2 hours and was able to see every collor and i too may have been color blind all along but when i went inside after reading the bible. All i could see was red. as if i was wearing red glasses. I too might have MS i am 23 years old.
So called "pink vision" is possible after intense and long exposure to bright sundlight often from reflections from snow water or sand.  It is rarely permanent and can be prevented by hats and sunglasses.

JCHMD