Eye Care Community
HELP - Eyelids Peel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

HELP - Eyelids Peel

For the past 2 years my eye lids will peel.  They will be fine and then they are all red and peel. Sometimes it is so bad that I look like I have "sleep" on my eyelids and it's the skin peeling.  I have been to 2 eye doctors and 2 dermatologists.  I keep getting different ointments Propotic (burned my eyes), told to use Cetaphil products, given nystatin and triamcinolone ointment and desonide....Nothing works....and I also have a red blotch on the side of my temple that comes and goes, peels and gets real red sometimes....Now I am being told I may have a wheat allergy.
I am getting married in a few months and I feel like I look like hell.  

Please help me!!
Your best bet, the best dermatologist in your area or/and the best Eye MD specilizing in cornea/external disease.

JCH III MD
I have had a similar thing on my eyelids.  The doctor prescribed a Betnesol cream.  Within a day the swelling, redness and flaking was much better, within three days it was gone.  If I stop using the cream the condition reoccurs, but it is clear as long as I use it.  A friend of my suggested the cause of my symptoms was eczema (???).  Good luck with whatever you've got.  And congrats on the wedding!