Eye Care Community
Head hurts when I move my eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Head hurts when I move my eyes

Hi there. I am experiencing pain in my forehead when I move my eyes up, down, left or right. I've done some searching online and many say it's eye strain, fatigue or just a normal headache. (I have eyeglasses and I was at the eye doctor two weeks ago and there were no problems. I do have hyperthyroidism, but my eye doctor said everything looked good.) My mom and brother are both telling me it is a flu symptom. I don't feel especially warm to the touch, but I don't have a thermometer here though.

See, I am in London, England and I haven't felt great since I got here 4 days ago. I thought maybe it was the traveling. (I drove to Toronto, flew to Iceland and then flew to London and didn't sleep in over 24 hours.) I've had some stomach aches where I felt slightly queasy, but not enough that I felt compelled to say I couldn't walk around London anymore. I've had a slight feeling of needles in my stomach separately. I've also felt my fingertips and toes tingling slightly. It could be a whole bunch of non-related stuff. It could be the food I'm not used, the time change, stressed out by being around my family so much or walking around for more than I'm used to.

I'm wondering if I could be sick. With the swine flu going around, it seems I should get checked out if I have the flu, but I don't have other flu-like symptoms I can identify. My throat felt a little dry and raspy my first day here and I was congested, but it seemed pretty much like allergies and only lasted that one day. I'm a 25-year-old female. What do you reckon?
Yes you should get checked out for flu

JCH MD
I bought a thermometer and I don't have a fever. No other flu symptoms. Just headaches when I move my eyes.

I am supposed to do exercises to stretch my eye muscles because of my Grave's Disease but I can't because it hurts too much. Any other ideas about what's going on?
Negative. See your local physician.

JCH MD
It turned out it was my Grave's Disease. It was flaring up and my dosage of anti-thyroid was way too low. After I increased my dosage, the pain went away.
Thanks for the follow up. It was a "Grave" problem.
JCH MD
My eyes hurt when I move them. I have a sore throat, and bad cough. What could this be?
excuse me please help me. my head and hurts really bad when i move. i took my meds. percoet and it still isnt working.
I have a sore throat and it hurts to move my eyes what do i do? (l'm only 11 and this is happening to me)
it hurts to move my eyes to the far left and i have a bad sore throat (l'm only 111)