Is a multifocal IOL suitable for high myopic patient?
I was told that for cataract surgery, a multifocal lens (IOL lens) is not the best choice for patient with myopia greater than -4 D.  In those cases, a regular (not multifocal) would be the best choice.  Does anyone have more info on this? Can anyone help me with that?  
It can work in a myope of -4.  However, my preference is a Crystalens.

Dr. O.
Thank you for the quick response. I understand that for a myopic -4 a multifocal lens can work but would nor be your prefered choice. What would you suggest for myopia of -8 or -9? Would your prefered choice be the same?
Thank you again !
I should clarify that what I was trying to confirm was : for cataract surgery, is if a multifocal lens useful or not if the myopia is -8 or -9 or if is a regular lens (not multifocal) the better choice to make considering that with -8 or -9 the multifocal may not ad to the patient's vision?
Thank you again.
Thank you again. .