Eye Care Community
Jones Tube
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Jones Tube

I have a jones tube.  I just had in replaced in June of 2009.  Recently it has been getting plugged with mucus.  I have a heck of a time clearing it sometimes.  I use nasal sprays, Neti Pot, steam or vigorous exercise to loosen the plugged tube.  I even resort to pushing a wire down it to unplug it.  Is there some type of suction or a water type pic that I can flush it out with?  What do others do.  Usualy I can plug my nose and draw in through the tube to clear it.  But today I couldn't get it unplugged all day.  When I went swimming it still didn't clear.  Then I skied in the afternoon stlill plugged.  I came home and put my head over a bowl of hot water with a towel draped over.  Still didn't clear.  I shoved a copper wire down it.  I could see the mucus but couldn't dislodge it.  It finally broke loose around 6:30 p.m..  It tends to get plugged overnight when I sleep.  I think I will take some kind of decongestent tonight.  What do others do?

Brammy