Aa
A
A
Close
Latent Hyperopia & Slightly Nearsighted?
Quick Question..

I had it suggested to me on here that I may be a latent hyperope, which makes a bit of sense .. but I was wondering if this was possible since I wear a light RX now while driving & for seeing far away (movies, sporting events, etc..). My right eye is worse with distance than my left. I do get headaches (behind my eyes mostly) when I work on the computer for awhile & I almost find it's BETTER when I wear my glasses that are supposed to be for distance while doing computer work. I just had an eye exam in February (that's when I got the glasses) and she mentioned nothing of this latent hyperopia.

Also, does latent hyperopia have anything to do with why I am waking up and seeing double vision for a quick second before I blink? It's only when I immediately open my eyes after sleeping - never again throughout the day. My vision almost merges together quickly right before my eyes as soon as I wake up. I am under stress right now & have anxiety problems.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220 tn?1251894727
I can not make a recommendation on your glasses without knowing the prescription.  The double vision on awakening is due to a mild phoria and is normal.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources