Eye Care Community
Latent Hyperopia & Slightly Nearsighted?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Latent Hyperopia & Slightly Nearsighted?

Quick Question..

I had it suggested to me on here that I may be a latent hyperope, which makes a bit of sense .. but I was wondering if this was possible since I wear a light RX now while driving & for seeing far away (movies, sporting events, etc..). My right eye is worse with distance than my left. I do get headaches (behind my eyes mostly) when I work on the computer for awhile & I almost find it's BETTER when I wear my glasses that are supposed to be for distance while doing computer work. I just had an eye exam in February (that's when I got the glasses) and she mentioned nothing of this latent hyperopia.

Also, does latent hyperopia have anything to do with why I am waking up and seeing double vision for a quick second before I blink? It's only when I immediately open my eyes after sleeping - never again throughout the day. My vision almost merges together quickly right before my eyes as soon as I wake up. I am under stress right now & have anxiety problems.
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
I can not make a recommendation on your glasses without knowing the prescription.  The double vision on awakening is due to a mild phoria and is normal.

Dr. O.