Eye Care Community
Left Eye Pain and Blurred Vision
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left Eye Pain and Blurred Vision

About two weeks ago I slowly loss my eye sight in my left eye.  I had just returned home from shoping and was feeling fine then all of a sudden I could see a small upside down "L" in the middle of my left eye sight with bright white dots.  As the upside down L grew larger the lights became brighter like strobe lights until it slowly moved out of my vision and then I could see again.

Today I woke up very fatigued in bed all day and when I got up around 3pm I noticed that the vision in my left eye is very blurry and the eye is dry, irratated, burning and aches.

Should I call my Dr. today, Saturday, on his emergency line or could this wait till Monday?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Call today.

Likely DX: TIA due to disease of heart, eye, brain, blood vessels or an ophthalmic-eye migraine.

JCH MD
Blank
Thanks!  I did as you said and I was seen by my eye doctor who refered me back to my family doctor.  My family doctor refered me to an opthomologist and the opthomologist said my vision was fine but he was worried that it could be related to my Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.  I have had two skalenectomy decompression surgeries (2002&2004) and one pec minor tenatomy decompression surgery (2007).  I have also experienced one episode of severe left chest pain before my eye disturbance started.  I have also been having a few hart palpitations and now I often see a black/bluish spot in the same spot of my vision, left eye, that comes and goes.  
My opthomologist requested that I see my vascular surgeon at UCSF and this was not something to mess around with.  So now I'm awaiting a call back.
Should I be worried?  I had two heart palpitations today and some chest tightning.  Yesterday my chest pains were in the middle of my chest and about a 4 on the pain scale.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
It sounds like you're in good, competent hands. Follow through with their recommendations.  The only way you can be told not to worry is if all these things are excluded.

JCH MD

Blank
Thanks so much!
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker