Monofocal IOLs set for distance-how far in can you see?
Pardon if this questions have been asked and answered, but I haven't found them using the search functions.  

1.  I have a question for those of you who have monofocal IOLs in both eyes set for distance.  How far away from your face can you actually see before it gets too close and out of focus?  I'm debating having both eyes fixed for distance, but I want to know how far in I'll practically be able to see.  

2.  What are the accepted definitions for "close" "intermediate" and "distance" vision?

FYI, I'm 41 with PSC so I'll have these for quite a while.  I'm debating whether to have both eyes fixed for distance or one for distance and one for intermediate.  Thank you for your knowledge and experience!
1. Distance is officially 20 feet or futher. However the ability of the eye to get some "pseudoaccommodation" (false focusing) due to pupil constricition usually give decent vision 10-15 feet and further. No one can tell you for certain there are too many variables plus the formula are not exact life math equations.
2. Distance  roughly 10-15 feet or more (scientifically is 20 feet or more), intermediate is roughly 3 to 5 feet (shop, computer, nametags, speedometer, piano music, etc)
near is again roughly 12-20 inches. Depending on hobbies, job, etc it can be shifted in or out.

JCH MD
Thank you for the information.  However, I have some clarification if you or anyone else could chime in.  Practically speaking, in an eye with a distance focusing IOL,  how blurry is your vision with that eye at middle distances and close in.  What I'm getting at, is if both of my eyes are fixed for distance, will I still be able to see the shampoo in shower,  shave my legs without lacerations, etc.  I also want to know if it's possible with both eyes fixed for distance if it's possible to get away with drugstore readers, or if progressive lenses are necessary.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me!
If you are "older" and wear bifocals then look at things through the TOP of your bifocals at near and middle distance. That is a good approximation of what it will look like.

Also read the many posts on "mini-monofocal" IOL placement.

A good combo would be -0.25 in distance eye and -1.25 in other eye.

JCH MD
I am contemplating having Toric lens set for close.  I wondered if the test in your last post would also apply to how distance and intermediate would look with lens set for close?