My eye doctor didn’t find Solar damage but I still have central blurriness?
I have residual blurriness following Monday’s Solar Eclipse. My eye doctor did not find any signs of damage… why do I still have central blurring in my right eye?.

Thank you for your help!
You need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist, you need your eyes dilated, you need a test called Amsler grid and you need a Macular OCT. That is the way our practice set up for the post eclipse eye injuries. I suspect you did not have all those tests. So get in to an Eye MD and ask for those tests.
Thank you Dr. Hagan! My doctor administered these tests, but it sounds like minor damage can only be determined through my own eyes, sort of speak.
Okay. Read about the Amsler Grid test and print out a grid if you don't have one and test daily. Most cases of mile solar maculopathy get better with time.  If its getting worse a re-examination is in order.
Just so you know an optometrist can do these same tests. Additionally, solar maculopathy can take a few days to see any signs of damage that could be seen ophthalmoscopically or detected with an oct regardless if you see an optometrist or opthalmologist (MD or DO).
=