Eye Care Community
Narrow Angles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Narrow Angles

I have been told I have 'narrow angles'.
Although my 'pressure' (for glaucoma) is VERY GOOD, better then average, exceptionally low and good.
I am farsighted, probably always have been based on what I read, but have only become aware of it the past few years.
Do I need to consider preventative laser surgery for the 'narrow angles' even though I have not been diagnosed with 'glaucoma', have no family history of 'glaucoma', and my pressure is consistenly in the low average range?
Is there a differance between having 'narrow angles' and having 'narrow angle glaucoma'?
Yes,  narrow angles means the angles are normal and may be prone to acute angle closure.  A laser PI can prevent this.  Chronic narrow angle glaucoma means that you have glaucoma due to elevated pressure or damage to your optic nerve.

Dr. O.

I had the same exact diagnosis in March.  No glaucoma, low pressures.  I have always been farsighted.  I was wondering if you had the iridotomies and how are you doing?  It would be nice to communicate with someone with the same problem.  I haven't met anyone who knows about this except the Doctors I communicate with.  I think the Doctors on this site have been the most helpful though.  

Take care for now.  
I have had the same diagnosis and had to have laser iridotomy on both eyes.  Yesterday I had to have the one eye done again and then be checked in another month.  The actual procedure is not so bad but afterwards (the same day) the eye feels sore.  The next day it is fine.
I have recently had the same diagnosis of narowed angles on otherwise healthy eyes. My Dr. made an appt. to see me next year, but I now worry I should have the laser iridiotomy. I wonder why one Dr says it has to be done and another Dr says see you next year.