Aa
A
A
Close
Occasional episodes of a bloodshot left eye
For the last 2 years or so, I get an occasional  recurrence of a mild bloodshot left eye, always in the same area. Often it just looks like slight inflammation rather than a "red eye". It happened once every 2 months or so, then not at all for nearly a year. then again this year. Being a bit of a careful patient I asked my GP about this twice and each time he seemed not to be at all concerned. I also had to go for a very thorough eye test at hospital a month or so ago and  all was fine. With no other symptoms, no bruising or nose bleeds etc. and in just one eye I am assuming that it is just a very slight weakness in the tiny blood vessels. It doesn't bother me at all,  and often just disappears for months on end. Does this make sense?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220 tn?1251894727
It you are describing a subconjunctival hemorrhage, then you are probably correct.  However, there are many cause of a " blood shot" eye.  You should see an ophthalmologist the next time it happens.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I will do that thanks. Yes I am sure it is a subconjuntival hemorrhage. I was really just a bit concerned about one or two articles on this topic  that suggested clotting problems, however as it was just the one eye, and there have been no other symptoms like bruising or nose bleeds etc. I felt that was unlikely?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank