Pain Above Right Eye
I'm a 26 year old male, good health, non smoker.  About four months ago I started to experience a chemical high sensation although I wasn't on any particular medication.  My primary care physician treated me for a sinus infection with several rounds of antibiotics.  This seemed to help at first but then the sensation came back and was soon followed by a tingling sensation across the right side of my forehead above my right eye.  I also started to experience some pressure and pain in the area above my right eye.  I had a brain MRI and sinus CT scan which both came back clean (brain MRI did note some increased signal flow to the right side of the head).  I was then referred to an ENR doctor who has been treating me for the last month for sinus related problems.  

The tingling / pain sensation above & sometimes surrounding my right eye has continued.  The feeling seems to go away at night but then comes back shortly after I wake up in the morning.  I currently am treating sinus issues with a every day nose spray prescribed by my ENR Dr. along with snorting a salt water solution to encourage sinus flow.  However, these treatments don't seem to be helping my problems.  

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  Last time I checked I had 20/20 vision but I am involved in heavy computer work every day.

Thank you.
I would suggest seeing a neurologist to exclude any of the facial neuralgias such a tic douleroux.

JCH III MD
  It sounds a lot like what I go though, but do you tend to get this at the same time of day or do you had pain in the one eye and it comes on quickly you may check out Cluster headaches mine come and go but tends to leave me with a numbing on my right side of my face
That's another good consideration.

JCH III MD
I appreciate the feedback from both of you.  In answer to your question; the pain really starts out as nothing in the morning when I first wake up but then progresses gradually into tingling & pain above the right eye as my day progresses.  Some days are better than others but its pretty consistent.  I've check around the internet for similar cases / experiences and have found a wide range of causes ranging from migranes to problems associated with the eye itself.  One patient had similar symtoms and later discovered a mass behind the right eye.  Do you know if this would likely have shown up on the brain MRI / sinus CT scan I had?  

I plan to mention both of your recommendations to my primary care physician and hopefully I will find a solution in the near future.  Thank you for the advice.

Yes the head MRI and sinus CT should identify a retroorbital tumor. Plus those are rare and your type of complaint not uncommon. Don't ignore it but don't be overly concerned about a tumor behind the eye.

Do ask for a visual field test when you see an eye MD.

JCH III MD
Hi, I am experiencing a similar problem above my right eye. Can u suggest me wat i am supposed to do. If u have overcome that problem. Pls do suggest me the remedies. Would be thankful if u could mail me. ajay_cbe***@****
I have the same pain right above my right eye and in the right side of my head as well. It seems to start at around 10am and ends at around 12pm if I look down and rub the top of my eye I feel the pain allot worse than before please comment back
I just started experiencing the same issue.....could someone please suggest what should i do?.......Did anyone find the cause and solution behind this?

Thanks in Advance.

Just wondering is this something to do with heavy computer usage.
Those with weird headaches and eye pain should definitely see their doctors, but it wouldn't hurt to read this article on 'cluster headaches':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache
I have a similar headache.. I feel heavy pressure above my right eye, pain is so sharp that I can't figure out if its just there or somewhere else too. But I don't feel this on a regular basis.. Just for an hour or two at night once in a couple of months. Iam 19 th and I smoke. I have had a history of mini black outs since I was very young, maybe 10 years of age. Doctors blamed acidity because I always skipped breakfast and ate after a long span of time. So I think even this pain above my right eye could be acidity or gas related or should I see a neurologist? I have nearly perfect vision, though a weak body structure.

Thanks in advance
Putting a rice or corn filled bag on the spot , or even a wash cloth, helps a lot. it takes about 15-30 minutes to take the pain away...i have the same problems but put warmth on the spot.. so the pain doesn't take up my work day..