Eye Care Community
Retina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Retina

If you bruised your retina, would that increase the chance of getting retinal detachment. I have couple small bruises on mine.
Yes.

Dr. O.
Avatar n tn
What about after it heals completely?
The retina is technically part of the brain.  A bruise is the retinal usually result in death of the cells.  This area is weak and can cause a problem in the future such as a retinal detachment.  Chance is very small.

Dr. O.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for answering my question. One quick thing, is retinal bruise the same thing as commotio retinae?