Eye Care Community
Silicone oil bubble in the front of the eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Its been five months after the operated my left eye to correct retinal detachment. The doctor told me that I have to remove the oil in the next one to two months. yesterday I checked the eye on a mirror and noticed a bubble on the outer white part of the eye. Is this the silicone oil migrating? what risks does it pose and can it migrate back to the initial position. I was thinking of getting the oil removed after six months to reduce re occurence of RD. Will appreciate your response
I doubt this is silicone oil.  It is relatively clear and it would look like a small bubble in the white part of your eye.  Please see your surgeon to determine what this is.

Dr. O.
yeah its a small clear bubble in the white part, since i have an appointment with the opthamologist I will check with him. In your opinion can it wait for the given date for silicone oil removal or it should be attended to immediately?