Eye Care Community
Swollen Left Eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swollen Left Eye

!!! IT'S CONTAGIOUS !!! I've had a swollen left eye for about 4 days now and the doctors thought insect bite, no mucus, just watery and red. They gave me drops....did nothing. Now my wife has it same swollen left eye. This is nuts.

This discussion is related to Swollen Left Eye.
-----------------
I have a swollen let eye since 24 March. It started on 18 March with pain a little swelling. I put visine in it for 3 days and it appeared to get better. I went to work on Monday 24 march and it began to swell and close. The next day it was swollen shut. I have been to opthamologists and even had a MRI and was told it was the Lacrimal gland. The pain has not subsided after taking prednisone, for 3 weeks and now I am on prednisone and pain pills and a eye drop Xibrom. Can you tell me what is possibly occurring?