Throbbing pain behind left eye for over a month now?
Ive had recurring pain behind my left eye for over a month now. Its there every day. Its like a throbbing kind of pain in the back of my eye and sometimes causes a headache, sometimes its bad and sometimes minor, but nonetheless it hasnt gone away at all and its been going on for about a month now. My eye always looks normal, never red. I thought it might be a sinus infection so i bought some decongestant medicine, didnt work. Then i tried neti pot, didnt work. Then i decided to try amoxicillin and that also didnt work. I am behind my computer alot and the screen is pretty bright so ive reduced the brightness substantially and bought some eye drops. I started this yesterday and the pain is still there. Im only 29 and i am hoping its not something like glaucoma. Im just trying to fix it on my own cause i have no health insurance. I have decent vision. Never wore glasses or contacts. Any ideas? Thanks.
Yes, I have a great idea: see an Eye MD ophthalmologist for a definitive diagnosis and treatment.  You don't have to have insurance to have an eye exam. Most complete eye exams by a physician will cost$75 to $150.
depending on where you live.

JCH MD
I experience the same issue.... only the pain subsides when I apply a little pressure on my left eye like pushing my fingers on it. Every time there's pain I also feel like vomiting. Could this be a symptom for migraine? Sometimes the pain travels up to my right eye.Never tried any medicine since the pain doesn't stay longer. a minute or two then it's gone. If the pain seems unbearable,I just rub my left eye gently and wait until the pain goes away.It happens every day and it bothers me a lot. I'm also 29 y/o working in a stressful environment.I' m hoping this is not a migraine.
Coukd it be a migrqine?  You betcha!  I speak from experience, having had migraines (of several types) for decades.

For more information, google these terms:

migraine

migraine with aura (and without)

AND this one, too:  Cluster headache

=
Throbbing pain behind my Left eye. Woke me up. What is that?  I'm 58 and falling apart.
I'm not a doctor though.... just play one on the internet..... but I've been seriously getting these over the past few days.... even had one today and it was due to stress that triggered the final straw with me taking 4 extra strength Aleve to get rid of it.  After about an hour it cleared up.  

What I had a few days before was similar but it was clogged sinuses and the stress just added to it.  Someone told me to take Aleve and it helped but I also was told to take Sudafed (the pseudoephedrine one -- the one that works better and is behind the counter).  The Sudafed (little red pills) cleared that pain up in about 1/2 a day and I would get some drainage from my nose and sinuses, so I figured there's a sinus infection going on.
I am diabetic
=