What is the procedure for repairing a retinal wrinkle?
Two years ago, I had the cryo surgery for a detached retina.  My vision has not been good since...wavy and a bit blurred.  I recently was told I have a small cataract which will be removed soon by one doctor, then I will need to go back to the retina Dr. to have a wrinkle in my retina fixed. Can this be done with laser treatment? There are also a few floaters and bright lights occasionally.  The first retina repair surgery really HURT....will the next one be as painful?
I am just anxious about the procedure he will use to fix the wrinkle, or pucker.  Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you,
paint0
Hi Paint,

Welcome to our eye care community.

I am not a doctor, but I am a retina patient and community leader here. The doctor will answer your post soon.

Dr. Feldman, one of of expert doctors, wrote to another retina patient here.

"I would recommend you see an EyeMD to have this checked again should symptoms of light flashes persist, sudden increase in floaters, or the appearance of a curtain in your peripheral vision.  Make sure to get your questions answered when you see your doctor."  

Please ask your surgeon these questions. I know that is not easy sometimes. I know these doctors are very busy, and that communication is not always quickly established. However, you really need that communication, in order to help your eyes best.

Dr. Hagan will respond to your post soon.

Write back if you need to.
JodieJ a frequent contributor to this forum has written extensively on this subject. Use the search feature and look up "epiretinal macular membrane" and macular membrane stripping and use the archives.

JCH IIMD