What's wrong with my vision?
A little bit about me: I'm 19 years old and male. I don't have any learning disabilities that I'm aware of. For the past 3 years, I've been having difficulty reading because I've been distracted by the tip/bridge of my nose. Well, let me rephrase that...I don't have difficulty reading the words...It's just that the site of my nose detracts from my reading comprehension because I'm somewhat focused on that. I don't experience any double vision while reading. Placing my finger along the bridge of my nose serves as a visual distraction that allows me to read fast and attain maximum comprehension. Oh, and I would like to point out a finding: When I cover my left eye, the bridge of my nose occupies about 1/3 of the vision. When I cover my right eye, the bridge of my nose is hardly noticeable. (Quick sidenote: Had a rhinoplasty 7 months ago for aesthetic purposes. My nose was very large pre-op. Now, it's of average size. Nose isn't crooked. Eye Problem persists). So, I did some research and think it may be Strabismus Esotropia. I'm pretty sure there's a subtle shift inward of my left eye towards my nose while reading( An Over Convergence I think it may be termed). Oh, and even when I'm not reading..I could see a the bridge of my nose towards the left side of my field of view. In short, I suspect there's something wrong with the eye muscle(My eyes appear normal though...).  I scheduled an appointment with an Opogist. What do you guys think is wrong?
All insight is appreciated :)!
**Opthamologist...xD Wrote this too fast. Sorry for any incorrect grammar O.o
That's okay its a hard word to spell its' OPHTHALMOLOGIST a MD eye physician.  I suspect that its not strabismus but do have it checked out. Most of us can see our nose but we tune it out. Just like there is a thing called nomal physiological double vision. (look across the room and while looking there hold one finger up in front of you about 9 inches away. If you're still looking at distance you'll see two fingers.

So there may be an anxiety component to this. But do get the exam.

JCH MD
Oh, okay. I did that exercise and I did see two fingers. lol. Guess that's normal. But, I feel like(No, I KNOW) there's more to it than anxiety(I've had this condition since before I took the SAT reasoning test...That's a long duration). On another forum,there was an individual who was experiencing nearly identical symptoms. According to his Ophthalmologist, the problem was that his eyes were crossing nearly everytime he read. And like me, he placed his finger along the bridge of his nose to serve as a visual distraction. His Ophthalmologist ended up recommending vision therapy but didn't recommend prism glasses(because they could possibly contribute to lazy eye). Oh, and like me he did come across as slightly anxious. But, honestly I'm not an anxious person in real life...

Any other medical opinions/experiences that could help me?
(all answers are very much appreciated. I'm sure it will help someone else(even though there aren't many others) experiencing what I am.^^

Oh, and another observation made by my neighbor who happens to be an MD. She said that my left eye, although hardly noticeable, looks shifted more towards my nose than my right eye.
I hv same problem since 2007 ..i am diagnosed with convergence insufficiency
Oh, and my appointment is August 15 so that's a while away...lol. I'll be sure to post the outcome.
-
Yes this same thing has been happening to be for the past month. I'm only 14, but have been having very terrible anxiety and panic attacks lately. But this has been freaking me out more than anything. Especially since I have a terrible fear of going blind. Does anxiety tie into this??