Why problems with the Lentis MPlus lens implants
What is the cause of the ghost image problems that are reported with the Lentis Mplus lens implants? Is it because the optical axis of the lens has not been aligned correctly with the optical axis of the eye, when the lens was implanted?
Use the search feature and archives and read about "dysphotopsia"

JCH MD
Thank you for the prompt reply.
I have looked at the post for dysphotopsia in the forum and I understand that this describes halos and visual disturbances caused by the edge of the implanted lens.
My problem is a very strong ghost image which subtends at least 10 minutes of an arc below the real image (calculated using a Snell chart). This is removed completely when I partially cover the lower part of the implanted lense with my finger, so I assume the ghost image is caused by an image produced by this part of the lens i.e. the near vision part of the lens.
I have the same Mplus lens in my other eye which is problem free. Does this not imply that the ghost image may be caused my a misalignment of the optical axis of the lens and the optical or central axis of the eye?
No it does not imply that the IOL is mal-positioned anymore than raising two children exactly the same by the same parents guarentees they will both turn out successful adults. (would that were so).

I have had many patients with flawless surgery and perfectly placed IOLs even monofocal IOLs that have arcs, reflexes, flaring, etc in one eye and not the other.

I suggest you get an independent second opinion to ease your mind. Often these reflexes get better with time.

JCH MD
Thank you for the reply, I will certainly take your advice.
good luck
JCH MD
I am in need of cataract surgery and am considering Multifocal lense (Lentis MPlus) as recommended by my consultant.  However, I am very concerned by the negative reviews regarding glare and ghost images.  I would like to know what percentage of patients suffer this condition and would mono-vision be a good alternative option?  Do you know if the near and distance vision of mono-vision is comparable to multifocal IOL's?    

Thank you
=