Will too much artifical drop worsen the dry eye problem
I had dry eye problems and most eye doctors automatically show me artificial drops. Some even say I can use as many time as I need. Once a while, I put one drop every hour but it didn't help that much as I feel dry again almost 15 minutes after putting the drop. Even worse is I feel once the artificial drop drys, the vision is more blur.
I read one article saying that dry eye can be caused by low tear production or the quality of the tear is not good and not sticking to the cornea. It also mentioned that put too much artificial drops will flush the oil on the cornea (this is my interpretation) and make the dry sensation even worse. Is it true ?

I am considering to try Restasis or a tear plug. Can someone recommend which one should I try first ? Can Restasis increase the tear production and improve the tear quality as well ? Is Restasis only working for dry eye by inflammation ?  Can the tear plug be done a regular eye doctor or an eye surgeon ?

I use Restasis before plugs. Restasis increases quality of tears and reduces inflammation. Plugs best put in by ophthalmologist Eye MD.

JCH MD
Dr Hagan,
What is minimum period for the Restasis to kick in ? In the mean time, I need to find a stronger lubricant for my eye. Is Soothe XP good to try ? It claims that it can stay much longer in the corneal. Is it true ?

Wilson
Sorry miss one important question : Can I put temporary plug and try Restasis at the same time as Restasis takes quite a long time to kick in.