Eye Care Community
Yellow spots in the white part of an eye?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

So my girlfriends eye just got irritated really bad one day...she said it stung when she looked at the light, and it was watery all the time. It was pretty red too....So we thought it was pink eye and we bought some eye drops to take care of that....it seemed to work, cuz the irritation and the redness went away after like 2 days...Well now we noticed two yellowish spots in her eye...on both corners of her eye...What could it be? I checked all over the internet and most people say its nothing to worry about...Any suggestions? Thanks.
Probably pingueculas.  They were present from before the irritation.

Dr. O.
Thank you so much doctor for answering so fast. Is that something we should be concerned about? Is it gonna go away? What should we do?
Thank you
This is due to sun light damage and dryness.  They will not go away.  They can be more noticeable when irritated.

Dr. O.
Do we have to do anything? Like any sorts of drops? Anything? Or is it something thats just there and you dont need to do anything?
could you explain futher please ,,,what is pinguleculas??
sir I think I have the same problem as he said, because I found out that I have yellowish part of my eyes, but when I look into the mirror, only in the horizontal part from the center of may eyes having it. because in the upper and lower part of my eyes it is purely white.. Doc. what should I do?? is there anything I can use to remove it??
Doctor, I have the exact same issue as RANRAN19, the inner part of my eye is completely white. The outer part has a silt yellow discoloration. If i lift the top part of my eye, its white, it seems the discoloration starts in the middle/lower part. Its been like this most of my life, but now, I want it gone, I'm pushing to find something that works. I've been researching and apparently fish oil/krill oil & iron are good for helping have clearer eyes. I'm starting to think are their any more SAFE drastic measures that can be taken?

I've heard of i brite, a procedure moving the membrane of a thin layer to the eye, but this seems a bit dangerous,plus it cost 10k.

Please get back ot me if you know anything that can further help me.

My email is; ***@****