'behind' the eye pressure in children
My nephew aged 9, is being treated for 'pressure' behind the eyes at Grt Ormond Street. My sister and brother in law are at there wits end. As a supporting family, and as his parents have not been fully told a diagnosis as yet. How do we approach his eye sight loss? Is this 'problem' going to effect his life expectancy? What treatments are available?
How do you develop this disease/problem?
WHile "pressure" is sometimes used as a synonym for glaucoma it is not an exact term. Your description of the problem is too vague for me to make any comment.

JCH MD
Unfortunately, the only description we have been given is that my nephew now has to carry a card stating he is partially sighted, that he will have to take steroid drops to the eyes until the pressure drops, he may develop cataracts, he will have rheumatic arthritis. He is also being given a drug used in cancer treatment, initially over a weekend, now dailly. All of these elements are difficult seperately combined we dont know how to move forward. Without a direct diagnosic, obviously the hospital are unsure also ...any suggestions?
No you need to speak with the managing Eye MDs.

JCH MD