broken vessel in eye
My sister woke with a broken blood vessel in eye, saw emergency Dr. said nothing to worry about but he did blood work anyways and said there is other causes that could cause this something in the blood could cause this as well he said, do you know what he meant by that. She in the meantime is taking tyonal 2"s about 3 times a day for nerve pain in her lower back that the Dr. precribed for her about a week ago, could these have caused her blood vessel to break in eye. Would appreciate a answer to these questions. Thankyou.
Bright red blood on the white of the eye without pain or reduced vision is almost always a non serious subconjunctival hemorrhage. They can be due to cough, sneeze, lift, bend, vomit, standing on head, and drugs like aspirin, steroids, NASAIDS, coumadin, heparin can cause them. Just today in the office I saw two.

Often the cause is just unknown (like finding a bruise on your leg with you take a shower and you don't know how you got it)

JCH III MD
     I have had busted blood vessels in my eye on several occasions.  I have been on coumadin since 2006  It takes about 1 day for it to go away completely.  No pain it just looks bad.  Is there any way to get rid of it sooner?
Peggy
No there is no way to make the blood go away faster just like you can't really make a bruise go away faster.  It is important that you carefully monitor you INR test to be sure you're blood isn't too thin.

JCH MD
I have had a very red left eye for 7 days and I am guessing it is a broken blood vessel.
I have broken blood vessels before bit they are gone in a couple of days.  This is not getting an y better.

A ny suggestion?
It depends on how much blood went out over the eye, and sometimes whether you're healthy or sick or whether you're on blood things or not. I've seen some subconjunctival hrmorrhages that have taken 3 weeks tgo clear.
JCH MD
I was at work and a friend told me to go look in the mirror so I did and I have a busted blood vessel in my left eye. All on the left side of my eye. How.long will it take to heal
Read the post above yours.
JCH MD