Eye Care Community
can dry eyes cause floaters? can dry eyes cause even mild eye inflamat...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can dry eyes cause floaters? can dry eyes cause even mild eye inflamation(inflammation)?

hi

last year my eyes felt inflamed and were very itchy and felt hot, i was suffering form this for a few months till it just got very bad, tried allergic eye treatments, the eye md finally gave me some steroid drops whic after a week my eyes didnt seem inflamed anymore, i still get the slight red eyes, more blood vessels i the whites, but i also have got alot of floaters in my eyes, which the eye md had seen too, they were not there before as the eye md didnt see them befire, i believe i have seen floaters before in my life, there are more, i have noticed if i ignore them they do lessen, but my question is,

can dry eyes cause floaters?
or maybe i id hae some kind of allergic eye, inflamation (inflammation) that has caused thee flaers to appear?
i havent seen anywhere a link between dry eyes and floaters
i have heard eye inflamation (inflammation) can cause floaters,
so can dry eyes cause eye inflamation (inflammation) of some kind?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
1. No relations, both common
2. Yes dry eyes causes inflammation on surface of eye RESTASIS is the answer for moderate or severe dry eyes.
JCHMD
Blank
Dry eyes will not cause any floaters even though you may see tear debris due to unstable tear film.

Your floaters may be triggered by antibiotic, corticosteroid eye drops prescribed for allergic, inflamed eye.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
theres a contradiction here, i have read and you will probably agree that eye inflamation (inflammation) can also cause floaters... so in this case dry eyes causing inflamation (inflammation) of the eye can possibly lead to eye floaters?

tear debris? do they appear like floaters? how can one distiguish between  this and eyefloaters?
Blank
Inflammation in inner regions of eye can cause floater's like in the case of uveitis, but dry eye syndrome alone will not cause any inflammation to inner regions of eye & will only affect the outer part of eye like corneal regions that too in severe form of dry eye.

Some antibiotics & steroids used for reducing eye inflammations (both outer & inner), or for other use can cause eye floater's, but in this case the triggering agent is medication not the dry eye.

tear debris respond to blinking but floater's respond only to eye movements like when you look up, down etc no to simple blinking of eye lids.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
thankyou soo much for that reply, very clear, so the cause of floaters will not be dry eyes,
many thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank