Eye Care Community
conjunctival cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

conjunctival cyst

Will conjunctival cysts go away on their own or is topical or surgical treatment recommended?
such cysts are very common , often but now always go away on their own, and only need to be treated if very large and causing symptoms. Reoccurence is not infrequent.

JCH II MD
I also have conjunctival cysts in my eye, though they referred to it as a hystine cyst?  I am being treated by an opthamologist,  initially with steriod drops but the cyst did not disappear but did reduce in size after popping (?).  After a 3rd visit I was advised to use the steriod drops for 2 weeks, followed by a hystine (sp?) drop for 3 weeks. I am currently on the hystine drop portion of the treatment, but the cyst is just as big as it normally gets (I thought the steriod drop would have shrunk it?) and is starting to irritate the edge of my eye lid and white portion of my eye is getting bloodshot.  It is probably getting ready to pop again as it seems to do about every 6-8 weeks.   I noticed the other day that I am getting a 2nd one on the extreme inside part of my eye as well, muscle area?  
Do these tend to multiply?  Should I seek another Dr's opinion?  Are they contagious?  Both my husband and a friend had one recently, my husband's disappeared, my friend went to the dr. they gave her steriod drops and on her return visit since it was still present, they drained it with a needle and advised if it came back they would consider cutting it out?
Hi. When your eye cyst popped did it leave a sore on the surface of your eye? That is whats happened to mine and it won't go. It popped 3 months ago and I have has the cyst removed, but the sore on the surface remains. It looks very red and won't heal. Thanks
-