Eye Care Community
doubt about choosing IOL lens

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

doubt about choosing IOL lens

after reading a lot of posts, and still having some doubt

My wife was 34 years old and was in the left eye a cataract( from genetic) and a small amount of astigmatism
she needs the surgery, for sure,but the choice of the lens is our main problem.

our doctor want to put a multifocal Restor but i think is not the best option, i canceled the surgery for now.
because of the astigmatism, it think a Toric IOL to distance vision should be the best, maybee -0,75
but because the right eye needs glasses its possible to use progressive glasses in left eye and normal in the right eye? maybee it can be much confusing for her?

the Toric lens still have the problem of rotation? its possible to put again in the correct position?

and maybee put a normal one and make a corretion after with LRI ( i dont know what the letters means)?

Tags: cataract, iol
but because the right eye needs glasses its possible to use glasses with progressive lens  in left eye and normal lens  in the right eye? maybee it can be much confusing for her?

and maybee put a normal  IOL one and make a corretion after with LRI ( i dont know what the letters means)?

sorry for the post with the correction i didnt find the "edit"
The ReStor lens is fine if she has low astigmatism and low higher order aberrations. Also, her eye must otherwise be healthy and free of glaucoma, macular problems and cornea problems (dry eyes or irregular surface dystrophy). The toric IOL can rotate, but rarely. It can correct astigmatism very well and depending on the dominance of the eye it can be left -0.75 to -1.25 in order to provide good intermediate vision and down the road mono vision. Good luck!
my wife was more or less 2 astigmatism in each eye
after a visit to the third ophthalmology i resume:

1) my oftalmologist want to aplly a IOL Restor Toric
2) the second (more old ophthalmology) recommend a Monofocal IOL
3) the third to a single eye recommended Monofocal Toric IOL, and if the surgery is for both eyes he recommends to install the Restor in both eyes

after all this version we decided to apply a Monofocal Toric with -0,5

maybe the glasses will use a progressive lens in left lens and a normal lens in right eye.

Any recommendations??
Hello again
my wife was 2,25 astigmtism in each eye
do you recommend Restor Toric with this values?

can implant a restor in only one eye??
AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® Multifocal Toric IOL
or
AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL

we still have doubts, wich one is better to her situation!!

1 month she inserted a restor toric iol lens, so far só good. I recommend she Just Haven to adaptei the distance of the book to a perfect distance. Very satisfeid with the option.