eye inflamation and lyme disease
I have have been treated with oral antibiotics on and off for 3 years for Lyme disease (I have had a positive blood test and had the rash, as well as removed the tick).  I have suspected that the Lyme was flaring again, when last Saturday I suddenly developed an inflamed area in the white of my right eye.  other than bugging me, and burning slightly, I have no blurred or impaired vision.  It is slightly better after 48 hours, but not significantly.  My eye doc said it was less swollen and less red than the normal inflammation or Uveitis he sees, and put me on steroid eye drops for  a week.  My question is: is it possible that this inflammation (which I've never had before) is another symptom of the Lyme disease?   I have been avoiding IV antibiotics, but I can not risk loss of vision.  Thanks.
The chance of loss of vision due to Lyme diease is very very small. It sounds like episcleritis which often "just happens" like coming down with a tendonitis or bursitis.

JCH MD
one of my main complaints from lyme has been  chronicly inflamed eyes.When i improve , my eyes clear up some, but one area 0f my left eye remains red. "chronicaly engorged blood vessels " was the term two different eye doctors gave me.Although they tried with several different eye drops, nothing helped. My eyes seem to become very inflamed when i am experienceing alot of neurological problems,slurred speech,blurred vision, numbness, brain fog, loss of balance, word recall issues and  the inability to preform simple spelling and math problems. Most people that don't know i have lyme, assume i am a drunk or druggie durning my "neurologicaly challanged"days. My eyes improve when the ******* move on to my joints and muscles {no picnic either],but the PAIN, OH THE PAIN!. I wish you all the luck in the world and i hope those dark , evil,creatures are out of your body soon!!!!. HEAL, SWEETIE, HEAL!!!!
Lyme can cause havoc on your immune system, so yes, is it possible.  What I would be concerned about is all the antibiotics.   Keep in mind, they do kill bacteria, but also your good bacteria.   Eventually your intestinal flora will be so out of balance, you no longer have a good working immune system, and all kinds of problems will surface.  You should go to lengths to remedy this, by eating a very good diet, and taking a probiotic (and prebioctic) supplements.  This could also be beneficial for your ocular inflammation.  
-