Eye Care Community
my baby's is eye bigger the other

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

my baby's is eye bigger the other

hi
my baby's (two months) left eye is bigger that the other one. before we took her to the doctor we thought that the smaller eye is not normal, but the doctor told us that the bigger one is the abnormal one. the sight of her two eyes is good. at the beginning we thought that the smaller one will get bigger like the other, but the doctor told us that this would never happen. her mother haven't taken any kind of medicine through pregnancy and the baby was born normally after 9 months. my question is that is it really impossible that the difference between the two eyes would disapper or become at least unrecognizable?
Tags: Eye, smaller
Your child needs to be examined by an Eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in pediatrics. I do not know the medical resources of your country.  This could indicate problems in the eyes, in the eye muscles, the eyelid muscles or the tissue behind the eye and needs evaluated over and above a "regular doctor"

JCH MD
thanks a lot for your answer
i know it is unrealistic but could you have an idea about what am talking about from the picture in my profile. this photo is for the baby am talking about
best regards
Yes I can tell the the left eye looks larger than the right eye. Whether this is due to the right upper lid drooping (ptosis) or the eyes are larger than they should be I cannot tell. Do work on trying to get the child to a medical school with an ophthalmology department.
JCH MD
thanks a lot
Best of luck
JCH MD