Eye Care Community
recurring conjunctivitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

recurring conjunctivitis

For three months I have had conjunctivitis, since I had a flu. It starts in one eye and goes to another and after a week and a half of prescription therapy it goes away, only to come back- starting the cycle al over again. There is very little discharge and no pain. I was first on vigamax for the first few weeks (no relief from that prescription) then have been using  zylet for a total of  a month and a half. This last period being on a course of 4 drops a day for a week, then three for a week then 1 drop for a week. As I started the three drop therapy, my eye infection returned worse then ever. This is about the fourth reoccurrence since Jan 6. (it is now the end of March). Do you have any advice? I am a bit concerned about the long term use of zylet.
Avatar n tn

I just wanted to add that I have not worn my contacts nor eye make-up since this has begun and have been diligent with handwashing, changing of bedclothes, etc.
Zylet has a strong steroid in it and isnot for long term use. Get a second opinion from an Eye MD with a specialty  of corneal/external disease. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD