seeing slightly dark spot in vision
Hello, for about 2 days now I've been seeing a small greyish-like spot in my peripheral vision in my right eye.

I have had migraines in the past and been to a doc and was given meds. I've not been eating right nor sleeping right and have been under stress for about 3 or 4 weeks straight now. Now i'm more stressed because this 'spot' has not vanished.
I've had similar spots before (similar to when u look at a bright light and look away) but usually they go away in a few seconds.. I've noticed that it fades away from time to time and seems gone but returns  again.

I'm also tired, and have a slight headache which has been going off and on since about the time i saw the visual disturbance.
So my question is... Why am I seeing this spot? Will it go away for good?

There is no loss in vision that i can tell of, nor do i see lightening strikes, nor  confusion. My blood pressure was normal last time i was seen (about 3 months ago).
I have NOT taken my migraine medicine because i only have 3 of them and reserve them for periods when i get bad migraine auras which i havent had in months.

I do have floaters also but have not seen a change in the number of them.

This whole thing is confusing  because the spot is there almost all the time but does disappear occasionally.
Again, I've only had it since yesterday, this is the second day. It is only effecting one eye.
Any help is appreciated...

This symptom calls for a visit to an ophthalmologist as it could represent blockages of the retinal arteries or veins. See one tomorrow if possible.

JCH MD
Okay, I'll do that. Are there any other minor causes which could attribute to my dillema?
Thanks for replying.
It may not be the same for you but my gray spot (that also faded and returned) was the final sign for me of a retinal detachment.  I was rushed into surgery the next day.

I had been having other symptoms prior but this was the final definitive one for me.

I would definitely get checked out ASAP.

Regards,

Kathy

-
I have had something like this going on too!  Only my "spots are black, not gray.  I have been to the eye doctor.  My vision has actually improved!  Because the only difference is, I do eat right.  I have to for other health issues.  I had a visit to my neurologist already, who had me follow up 5 days later after changing my migraine medication.  And I now have a one month follow up at the end of the month.  It kind of worries me though.  As the headache is located in a different location than they always were before.  Maybe I should put up a post too.
-